Setup Your Roku To 4K Ultra HD
Whether you are a cord cutter or not, you for sure would know about Roku if you have searched anything about the streaming services in America. It is not wrong to crown Roku as Americas’ favorite streaming device. This is not just because of the pure engineering excellence the device composes, but the versatility in the product line up it shows. There is a device for everyone, period. No matter what you are cost constraints or your TV capability, you will find a Roku device suiting your needs. It also keeps up with the tech competition in this outpacing world. For example, R has incorporated the latest 4K Ultra HD streaming on their devices to keep up with their customer’s expectations.
What’s the deal with 4K?
To better understand all the raving about the 4K ultra HD-think of 1080p video; now increase the detailing and quality by at least 4 folds, you’ve got the 4K ultra HD streaming. This has pushed many of the TV shows and movies to concentrate more on the detailing and the vivid colors they produce which in turn ends up as an immersive experience for the customers. You can activate your ROKU account by using Roku.com/link in a jiffy.
What do I Need to Setup Roku 4K Ultra HD Streaming?
Only limited devices support 4K ultra HD. There are few more requirements that you need than just a 4K UHD streaming ROKU device. Make sure you have the following requirements to stream 4K UHD content.
- A TV that supports 4 K UHD resolutions, obviously. It should also support HDMI 2.0 that can run HDCP 2.2
- A fast internet connection.
- ROKU player that supports 4K UHD streaming
- A high-speed HDMI cable
- At last, 4K UHD content to stream.
How to Setup my Roku 4K UHD Streaming?
We will consider a Roku streaming stick+ and the soundbar as examples to show the connection map.
Setup Roku Streaming Player for 4K Ultra HD
- If you know the HDMI 2.0 port that supports the 2.2 version of HDCP, you can directly connect the ROKU streaming stick plus to it.
- Like any other streaming device, just plug into the port and launch your device to complete the initial setup of the streaming device.
- Once done, simply run the 4K UHD content on your device.
- If you want to connect a soundbar to the 4K TV, you have to make sure to connect it to the HDMI 2.0 port that supports HDCP 2.2
- Use the high-speed HDMI cable to connect the soundbar to the 4K TV.
- Now connect the ROKU streaming stick + to the HDMI 2.0 port on your soundbar. Make sure that the port also supports HDCP 2.2, if not your streaming quality will drop down to 1080p or less.
- If you have two HDMI 2.0 ports that also support HDCP 2.2, then the job gets easier.
- Connect the soundbar to the TV using the high-speed HDMI cable.
- At the other port, connect your ROKU streaming stick +.
Once you finish the setup, the forthcoming process is similar to the rest of the ROKU device.
- Power up and launch your device.
- Set the language, time, region, etc. and all these basic preferences in the upcoming steps.
- Make sure to select the language of your choice as the device will use this language to interact with you. You can always change these settings according to your needs from the settings page.
- Once you set the basic preferences, select the wireless network with which you want to connect the ROKU device.
- ROKU 4K UHD device needs a minimum of 25 Mbps internet speed and also there should not be any problems with the connection for uninterrupted streaming.
- After you select the wireless network, enter the security key for the network. Use the shift key on the screen to change the case of the letter.
- As the next step, the device will look for available software updates. This will be downloaded over the wireless network automatically, so you don’t have to break a sweat. But don’t restart or switch off the device while the updates are in progress.
- The device will restart after the updates are over to apply the changes made.
- Now the device will ask to set the desired resolution, choose as per your requirement, though it is recommended to select the auto-detection option for easy workability.
- After this, a Roku activation code will be displayed on the screen.
- Using a laptop or smartphone visit Roku.com/link.
- Feed the code on the space given and click on submit.
- Once the code verifies, a popup will indicate the successful activation of the account.
- You can now add channels and start streaming them right away.
How to find the 4K Ultra HD content in the Roku channel store?
There are many options like Netflix that offer 4K ultra HD content, but there is an easy way to browse through the 4K content from the channel store.
- Go to the search bar or simply press the search icon on your remote.
- Now search for “4K Ultra HD spotlight” at the channel store.
- Click on the “add channel” tab.
- Wait for the channel to download; it should take only a few seconds for the channel to download as it is not that heavy.
- You can use this as a “filter” to surf through all the 4K Ultra HD content available in the channel store.
For further assistance regarding “4K ultra HD streaming” or Roku.com/link, please contact the customer support team who are always ready to help you with your Roku situation.